Sunday, July 27, 2008

I Want A New Drug

What to do when your insides feel like they are going to fall out with every step you take (pretty picture, yes?)? Pop some codeine and bake cupcakes, of course!

I had all the ingredients to make Vanilla Garlic's Mango Lime Cupcakes and added kiwis as garnish. I went a little crazy with the icing bag, I blame the drugs and wine.



I forgot to take pics of the finished product, but since they were so tasty I'm sure they will appear again.

The second freak-out produced these:






My original plan was to make French Vanilla Cupcakes & Rose Meringue cupcakes, but I could not find the #$%#$#@ rose water after hitting five different stores all week. So I just made vanilla on vanilla. And I must have spaced out because instead of 2 additional egg yolks, I added egg whites. So.. yeah.. not so much the perfect cupcake consistency. And... I fucked up the meringue, I'm not really sure how but I did. I then tried to make the meringue kisses with the leftovers, but they burned at 6 minutes, right temp. :-( They ended up looking like little dog poos.

Saturday was Geeks quiz master training. Much fun was had buy all. I crashed out for a while afterwards. Brain...hurt...

Now I'm draped on the couch, hoping my insides don't start acting out again.

No comments: