Monday, July 7, 2008

Changes

Weirdest thing made me laugh today: while I was sitting out on the balcony
having my lunch and reading, it began to rain. There were two people at the
table next to me, having an intense and fascinating conversation:

She: Is it raining?
He: Uh huh.
A minute goes by.
Rain comes down a bit harder
She: It's raining harder, huh?
He: Sure is.

:-|


I really didn't think that a workout this weekend was going to happen. A girl can hope, can't she? In any case, the trip to Eagle Pass went as expected. Got to spend time with Dad to celebrate his 60th birthday (but I didn't order his present with enough time to arrive, typical) and see two grandmothers and a grandfather. Grandma C I lovingly refer to as Grandma Yoda, as she has the same stature and witticisms as the Jedi Master. In fact, she laughed often to herself while we were having lunch yesterday. I wish she would have shared the joke; it seemed like she was having a blast.

As for my other relatives, I saw Dad's brothers and sisters and realized that this was another mortality check; they are getting older, and logically so am I. At least I didn't have to sit at the kids table. Oh, and only two people gave me relationship advice. (Guess they didn't hear me when I said I wasn't dating anyone.)

Gym today, made it in time for yoga. Crap, my shoulders are killing me. Just when I start to think that I'm somewhat fit, my yoga instructor throws me for a loop. Breathe in, breathe out. Ever notice that you fart more when you are exercising? I've asked a few people who wouldn't think I was completely nuts, and they have experienced ' the cardio toot.' Random, I know.

In a continuing effort to change things up, I am auditioning to become a Geeks Who Drink quizmaster. I think it's half an effort to try something new, half an effort to get over the anxiety of talking in front of people. Yes, I know that last part may come as a surprise to some of you. But it's true; I remember participating in Oratory competitions when I was younger and would always have an anxiety attack before, during and after. Let's add this to my list of masochistic behavior and call it a day.


I still don't know what I was waiting for
And my time was running wild
A million dead-end streets
Every time I thought I'd got it made
It seemed the taste was not so sweet
So I turned myself to face me
But I've never caught a glimpse
Of how the others must see the faker
I'm much too fast to take that test


Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Just gonna have to be a different man
Time may change me
But I can't trace time

No comments: