Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Unwritten

I need to reconsider reading horror fiction before bed; sometimes that crap lingers in the back of my mind and causes me to jump out of bed when the alarm goes off thinking I'm a vampire hunter. Otherwise not a bad start to the day.

Spent some time reading blogs during the day (yes, while at work...I know) trying to read up on first-time home buying, healthy dinner recipes, decadent cupcakes, personal finance, and mind-numbing entertainment gossip. Some useful sites I came across are:

Lifehacker has 'Top Ten Ways to Trick Yourself into Saving Money.' I was glad to see that some of my 'crazy' tactics were listed: waiting period, high-interest saving, 'crap I don't need' list. Awesome. If it weren't for the new job, I'd not be able to 'splurge' on cable and Netflix. And while one poster recommended online gaming as an alternative to going out to the bar twice a week, I think I'll just make sure my movies are in on Fridays and go to the Saucer every other Friday. And skip the $8 salad.

How It Sucks allows for you to post, well, how much a product sucks. I find myself looking for really nasty reviews, but have yet to find something scathing. Just reading up on a Sony Bravia 46" LCD, which is on my 'crap I don't need' list. :-)

Wesabe
is a personal finance site I like to use just because the idea that it uses kittens to calm you down when you are examining your finances and start to wig out a little. (You have to sign up to see the kittens.) Damn, this is a site I wish I had come up with.

***
I began this post at the tail end of m lunch hour. If only I had stayed at my desk for a few minutes after five I wouldn't have:

  • been given a speeding ticket for driving 60 in a 45 zone on an access road by the gym. I was completely lost in my own thoughts and didn't see 5-o waiting on the other side of the hill. What thoughts was I lost in? Honestly, I was having a mental pity party on my way to the gym and the ticket only served to push me closer to the edge. I was so angry and distracted at the gym, I had to talk myself into shuffling on the treadmill for 30 minutes.

  • about to beat some crazy girl's face in for tailing me from the gym to the grocery store thinking I was the woman her stupid BF was cheating with. What the hell? Walks up and starts POUNDING on my window. Needless to say, I was livid and words were exchanged. I was really debating whether to call the police (maybe Officer Ticket would respond) or get in Crazy's face. As I'm dialing 911, she stops, looks closer and REALIZES SHE HAS THE WRONG PERSON. :-| Had I not been so dumbfounded, I would have gotten out of the car and who knows what. I explain to the operator that the situation had been resolved and Crazy takes off.

I'm not going to lie, I sat in my car for a few minutes and cried. Did my shopping, came home, ate some chicken (! almost burned out on chicken!), sat in the tub for an hour.

Come to think of it, curling up with Grendel and a vampire novel sounds good right about now.



Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins

The rest is still unwritten

No comments: