Saturday, August 16, 2008

Oh Sherrie

Wow. Two weeks of non activity...

Tuesday nights are now filled with social activity. Geeks Who Drink has gained solid footing at one location here in town, and a second one starts next month. I'm pretty sure I'll be hosting that quiz, which will be at the Broadway location. Plus: different side of town, new crowd. Minus: other side of town, will get home late and will be grumpy the following morning. Yay coffee. Speaking of...

Molly and Michelle got the axe from Starbucks. While I know that the company has been tightening the belt, these are to two people I would never think would be let go. Both have delivered strong results and have been unbelievably loyal.I had dinner with them last night at Bin 555 (yummy tapas, great wines) to commiserate with some other Starbucks managers. Each one has had a different reaction: Michelle cut off all her hair, Molly waved her hands in the air and shared some rage. I think I would have gone bat shit in their situation, full on desk-thumping arms-flailing expletive-shouting bat shit. We ended the night at Dad's Karaoke where Melissa belted out 'I Like Big Butts' and I sang Steve Perry's 'Oh Sherrie' with Molly as my back up dancer. Did I mention we had a lot of wine?

1 comment:

j said...

you are slacking again.