Saturday, March 22, 2008

Hopeful Self-loathing

It seems pretty selfish to me right now to rant and rave about the things bothering me right now knowing what Lisa just went though this past Tuesday.

Her surgeon fused four of her lumbar vertebrae as L2 was completely destroyed by the tumor as was half of L3. The tumor and her the second lumbar vertebrae were removed, with a cage-like implant to fill the space and two titanium rods to give support. Physical therapy has begun, which will be followed shortly by radiation therapy. We're all hopeful that things will be fine this time around, and Lisa is always strong and positive. Doesn't make it suck any less.

I start to think more and more about the brevity and frailty of life; it's a constant reminder to stop thinking and start doing.
I understand that people live in fear of doing just that, and it's unfair of me to expect them to live as I do. Fear is still a poor excuse to not live everyday to the fullest.

Take that chance.

Say those words.

Love fearlessly.

No comments: