Thursday, February 17, 2011

Like a headless chicken...

It seems like I have less and less time to document food adventures lately! I have been taking pictures of holiday sweets and baking experiments gone wrong. I'll post those hopefully before Spring Break.

Recap:

November
Rock 'n Roll tradition continues in that only one of us was able to run. Boy and I sat on the race route to try and spy Major. We didn't get to see him, but we saw a good amount of excitement and friends run by.

Our wedding came and went. It was a blast, and we've received so many positive comments about the music, the food and the fun.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5168/5318369208_6bd33aae35_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5087/5318369976_1b23095aee_b.jpg

We kept it together through the ceremony with some laughs and let it all out during the toasts. Afterward, we spent the weekend in downtown SA and were lucky to get an insane hook-up at the Grand Hyatt downtown where we had a 180-view of the Christmas lights.

While it was somewhat of a blur, I had the best time celebrating the official beginning of my life with Major and Boy. Oh, and Monkey, who at that point was two-and-a-half months in the making.

December
Since the wedding was over Thanksgiving weekend, I felt like Christmas came too quickly. If I hadn't done most of the gift buying beforehand, I'd never have had the chance to bake! While I didn't churn out as much as I would have liked, I don't think I did too badly.

Didn't deal with too many pregnancy symptoms other than aversion to most food and fatigue. Falling asleep on the couch right after dinner was my nightly m.o.

January
I'm not sure what happened to January. Rung in the New Year with great friends, did some more experimenting in the kitchen, cleared to run again, started to finally absorb that Monkey was on the way.


While having the sonogram done to determine Monkey's health and gender, I spun through all-kinds of crazy: nervous, scared, excited, worried. Not that the technician talked to us during the whole thing – Major and I kept exchanging knowing looks and quick whispers. Now we await the arrival of Little Miss Monkey and commiserate on the kind of wild child she will be.

Feeling her move for the first time was wild, too. It seemed like a quick gas bubble, but after a few repeats I was able to determine what was happening.

February
While my runs are topping out at 2 miles, I'm trying to get it done at least twice a week. The fitness competition at work helps, and my friends keep me company on my slower runs. I really hope to be able to resume training after Monkey arrives in June as it's becoming a running joke that Major and I can't seem to run the marathon together!

Miss Monkey has been  very active in her growth, about every two hours she's dancing up a storm making me rush to the potty.

Less food aversions but no room for full meals.

Up next…Rome! And planning for Monkey.






No comments: