Wednesday, December 26, 2007

O Little Town of Eagle Pass

Christmas has come and gone, and it was all a giant blur. I came down with a nasty sinus infection Friday night that left me completely rained on Saturday. With my head pounding and the Vicks slathered all over my chest, it was looking like I wasn't going to make it home for the holidays.

Sunday was no better, in fact I think I had a fever all day. In any case, my mom had called to say that my Aunt Ana and her baby would be flying in that afternoon and could I pick them up from the airport. ?!?! I don't know how we made it to EP, or when I went to bed, but I was down for the count until Christmas morning. Somewhere in there, Grandma made me tamales, pozole, and menudo. Oh, and homemade candy. Bliss! I know I spent time with my family, and there was food, but I also went through a bottle of Tylenol Severe Cold and a box of tissues. I did the yoga mat and bag that I've wanted for months, and some sweet clothing and gift card to one of my favorite stores.

Feel lightly better today, though not by much. My ears feel like they are ready to explode, as does my face. Oh yeah, and there was the fun CT can this morning where not only was I not feeling fabulous, but the tech couldn't find the vein in my left arm so she had to then use the right leaving a bruise on both. It's the pleasant on my fun pie. I won't get the results from the scan until Friday at the latest. Hopefully I'll get some relief this afternoon for my pounding face when I see my Doctor again. Five days of snot is enough.

Oh, and my last present came today. DO stopped by and gave me my gift of the SG1 Box Set. Yes, I am a nerd, but it was also on the list of things I really REALLY wanted. :-)

No comments: